How We Work
All the important things you need to know about working with us on your timber frame construction project.
How We Work
Every project’s timeline varies, depending on the scale of the design and which of our services you want to engage.
You can choose:
- Design and engineering which includes the finalised construction drawings.
- Off-site fabrication to match construction-approved drawings.
- Delivery of timber frame components to site.
- Site installation.
- Manufacture only.
- Supply and delivery only.
Every timber frame we build begins with your architect’s plans. Detailed drawings, dimensions and materials are a must.
Here’s how the process works:
- After an initial discussion, you send your architectural drawings and details to our design team.
- Depending on the complexity of your project, we aim to issue your quotation within 14 days. The quote also lists estimated lead times on design and delivery.
- With the quotation approved, we set about designing the most structurally sound components possible.
- You receive our drawings, so you can consult with your architects and builders.
- With the timber frame designs approved, we issue final construction-approved drawings and begin off-site manufacture.
- Meanwhile, with your groundworks complete, the sole plates are fitted.
- We deliver the fabricated timber frame panels to site.
- Your Timber Frame Technology UK Ltd contract manager makes site visits to ensure installation meets our quality control.
- We sign off the completed works and officially hand over the structure for your tradesmen to finish your project exactly as you’d envisaged it.
Our quotations are valid for 60 days. It’s also essential that you have planning permission granted before design work begins, to protect your investment.
Want to know more? We’d love to help. Just get in touch with a member of our team and we’ll tell you everything you need to know.